“Hug me till you drug me, honey; Kiss me till I’m in a coma; Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny; Love’s as good as soma.”
– Aldous Huxley
GoodRx has compiled a list of the 10 most expensive cities to get drug prescriptions filled. Big Pharma is increasingly responsible for more and more of the nation’s healthcare expenses, and therefore more and more of corporate expenses skyrocket with the cost of research, development, marketing, and legal.
To control the cost of healthcare for your business, especially if you have business units or employees in any of the cities listed below, be sure to contact a consultant at BenefitCorp. There are numerous options available to help your company offer employees discount prescription drug cards or cost-shaving mobile applications. These strategies will save your employees money while at the same time benefiting your company with lower media claims.
Here is the (expensive) list:
- New York, New York: +20.1% above the national average
- San Francisco, California: +12.6% above the national average
- Los Angeles, California: +9.8% above the national average
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: +7.9% above national average
- San Diego, California: +6.4% above the national average
- Raleigh, North Carolina: +4.3% above the national average
- Birmingham, Alabama: +3.9% above the national average
- Orlando, Florida: +2.8% above the national average
- Cleveland, Ohio: +2.5% above the national average
- Sacramento, California: +2.2% above national average